Rolls-Royce records 26pc rise in 2012 sales
Dubai, January 14, 2013
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Middle East celebrated record sales results for 2012, with a 26 per cent year-on-year growth in sales recorded in the Middle East markets, making it the best performing market worldwide in 2012.
Globally, 3,575 cars were sold during the year, which represents the best sales result in the company’s 108-year history, a statement from the company said.
The record results were achieved despite a number of challenges in 2012. These included global business uncertainty and political unrest, preparations for the start of production of Phantom Series II and expansion works at the Home of Rolls-Royce in West Sussex to help the company satisfy increasing customer demand for Bespoke personalisation across the model range. Against this backdrop, Rolls-Royce has successfully retained its position at the very pinnacle of the ultra luxury market, the statement said.
“My aim at the outset of 2012 was another record. I am delighted to announce our sales for 2012 and to celebrate our 10th anniversary with an historic record result,” said Torsten Müller- Ötvös, CEO, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. “We had an outstanding year in spite of the challenges we faced, and Rolls-Royce now leads the ultra luxury market by some considerable margin.”
The company’s portfolio includes the pinnacle Phantom family products - Phantom, Phantom Extended Wheelbase, Phantom Drophead Coupé and Phantom Coupé – and the Ghost family – Ghost and Ghost Extended Wheelbase.
Demand for all variants was strong in the last year, the statement said. The Phantom Series II was unveiled in March at the Geneva Motor Show to worldwide acclaim and production has been increased at the company’s Goodwood manufacturing plant to cope with customer demand.
“We have had another exceptional year in 2012,” said Geoff Briscoe, regional director, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Middle East, Africa and Latin America. “Our business is in excellent shape and the future of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars in the region is bright thanks to our passionate workforce and dedicated partners in the region of which, Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia, emerge in the top 5 best selling dealers around the world.”
“No one sells more cars above the $250,000 mark than us in the region, and this performance is an indicator to the genuine economic recovery this region is witnessing.”
2012 also marked another record for the Rolls-Royce Bespoke personalisation programme, a service with Rolls-Royce’s legendary hand-craftsmanship and attention to detail at its core. Nearly every Phantom family model (95 per cent), and three out of every four Ghosts (73 per cent), left the home of Rolls-Royce with some element of bespoke personalisation.
The Middle East has again claimed the title as the most prolific Bespoke market in terms of revenue per car. Sales were also enhanced by several exceptional bespoke collections in 2012, including the One Thousand and One Nights Collection for Ghost exclusive to the region, and other limited run collections such as the Firnas Motif which was recently unveiled in Abu Dhabi.
The company celebrates its tenth anniversary at Goodwood in 2013. The first Phantom was handed over to its owner at one minute past midnight on January 1, 2003, the statement said.
During the anniversary year, a major new extension to the manufacturing area will be opened to help the company meet further growth in worldwide sales and satisfy demand for highly personalised Ghost and Phantom models. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer