Hyundai’s Santa Fe wins top 3 awards
Dubai, January 9, 2013
Korea-based Hyundai has announced that its acclaimed SUV, the all-new Santa Fe, recently received three awards in three continents.
It received the Residual Value Award in the Midsize Utility Vehicle category at the North American ALG Residual Value Awards, was named the Best Medium SUV in the 2012 Australia’s Best Cars awards, and in the Middle East, won Best SUV of 2012 from Wheels Magazine.
ALG’s annual Residual Value Awards cover the whole of North America and recognise the vehicles that are predicted to retain the highest residual value percentage of their original price after a conventional three-year ownership period.
Australia’s Best Car 2012 awards involved over 330 models being assessed across 15 categories by 12 high profile motoring journalists from across the country, with the Santa Fe triumphing in the Best SUV Over Aus$40,000 category, a statement from the company said.
Santa Fe was awarded Best SUV of 2012 by Wheels Magazine, a highly acclaimed weekly motoring publication distributed in the UAE. The award was given to the SUV for its modern and improved design, high quality interior and smooth ride over varied terrains.
All three awards will provide Middle East consumers with further confidence in Hyundai’s new SUV, reinforcing its reputation as a superb vehicle, the statement said. With the residual value of a car reflecting how well a model holds its value, the ALG award is a clear indication that consumers and experts alike recognise the high levels of quality offered by the all-new SUV.
The continually improving perception of quality offered by Hyundai cars has helped the company to overtake Toyota, Nissan, VW and Ford to claim second place in ALG’s 2012 Mainstream Brand Residual Value Rankings.
This was helped by awards for the Azera, in the full-sized car category, and the Elantra in the compact car category – its third win in consecutive years. Both models have enjoyed impressive success across the Middle East region with sales in 2012exceeding 78,000 units, it said.
Tom Lee, head of Hyundai’s regional headquarters in the Middle East, said: “Winning these awards is recognition of Hyundai’s commitment to building vehicles of superior quality to its competitors, in line with our new ‘Modern Premium’ brand direction.”
“The All-New Santa Fe is set to be a big hit with customers across the Middle East, and they can be reassured that motoring experts from around the world already agree that Hyundai has hit new heights with this model.”
The Santa Fe introduces distinctive ‘Storm Edge’ styling, which captures the strong and dynamic shapes created by nature during the formation of a storm, as well as cutting-edge technologies and practical use of space in a premium quality package, the statement said.
It has been influenced by Hyundai’s new brand direction ‘Modern Premium’, consequently featuring luxury elements that have traditionally been reserved to more premium models.
Santa Fe is available in the Middle East in a sporty five-seat model, with the option of two fold-down seats in the boot. The new model offers a choice of two powerplants: a new 3.3l V6 engine producing 270bhp and up to 318Nm of torque and a 2.4l 4-cylinder unit delivering 176 bhp and maximum torque of 227 Nm. Customers have a choice of 2 or 4WD, and six-speed manual or automatic transmissions, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi