Al Nabooda makes record sales in 2012
Dubai, January 7, 2013
UAE-based exclusive Volkswagen dealer Al Nabooda Automobiles has announced that it has ended 2012 by breaking its annual sales figures, selling 3,145 cars compared to the 2,306 in 2011, a 36 per cent increase.
Al Nabooda’s success this year was buoyed by the launch of the new Passat and Polo, which joined the Jetta in the brand’s sedan category, a statement from the company said. The Passat in particular was a welcome addition, with more than 350 vehicles sold, since its launch in July.
The ever-popular Touareg held its position as the number one selling Volkswagen, with 761 sold, while both the Tiguan and Golf maintained strong, consistent sales throughout the year, the statement said.
“We have gained an even more significant share of the market this year, largely due to the successfully launched new sedan category, which taps into a new customer base for Volkswagen in Dubai and the Northern Emirates,” said Thierry Seys, Volkswagen general manager at Al Nabooda Automobiles.
“Sedan customers choose Volkswagen because they know they get quality German engineered cars, cutting-edge technology and luxury, all at affordable prices.”
“In addition, the Touareg remains one of the most popular cars on Dubai’s roads because it is perfectly suited to families, while at the same time looks stylish and performs well,” he said.
“We are also seeing tangible evidence that Dubai’s economic market is in full recovery. Analysts typically look at real estate and vehicle sales to help predict economic stability; the Dubai real estate market grew steadily in each quarter of 2012 and our Volkswagen sales have grown year-on-year.”
As part of its leading customer service offering, Al Nabooda Automobiles staged a number of consumer promotions throughout the year, which helped to boost sales, the statement said.
Bisher Yousfi, Volkswagen marketing manager at Al Nabooda Automobiles, said: “Customers in Dubai always look forward to our annual Ramadan special offers and last year our Volkswagen promotion was incredibly well received.”
“We also experienced another sales peak with our new Diwali promotion, which gave customers the chance to win a new Jetta sedan. As a result, we saw a marked increase in vehicle sales compared to the same period in 2011.”
“Next year, we will continue our growth strategy in sales with more new model launches and customer promotions, as well as new car showrooms opening in Sharjah and Fujairah, which will offer our customers easier access and improved customer service levels,” Yousfi concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva