Hyundai offers new Genesis model in Mideast
Dubai, December 19, 2012
South Korean automaker Hyundai has launched its award-winning luxury sedan, the Genesis in the Middle East with a new, top-of-the-range 3.8-litre engine as well as a state-of-the-art navigation system.
The new model, which complements the current 290hp, 3.8L V6 version, offers customers higher levels of performance and sportiness while retaining the same levels of luxury for which the Genesis is renowned, a statement said.
The new 3.8-litre unit features direct injection (GDI) technology and produces 338hp and maximum torque of 40.3kg.m at 5,100rpm. With a maximum speed of 240kph, it can accelerate from 0 to 100kph in 6.2 seconds, delivering levels of performance befitting this flagship Genesis model.
The 3.8GDI Lambda engine is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission that offers Shiftronic manual shift capability. This Hyundai-developed transmission adds two additional ratios to enhance acceleration, shifting smoothness and transmission efficiency by six percent over the former six-speed gearbox.
The new model also features additional technology in the form of Hyundai’s Driver Information System (DIS), which further enhances the driver and passenger experience. The system, which is available in selected countries across the region, includes navigation information and enhanced multi-media options.
The new display provides a more intuitive user interface, with an integrated joystick-type function. It will also come with a rear view camera, which projects images on the eight-inch screen, giving the driver optimal assistance when reversing into any parking space.
Tom Lee, head of Hyundai Middle East’s regional headquarters, said: “The new 3.8GDI Genesis combines a luxurious ride with all the technology and quality touches expected of a premium sedan.
“Yet at the same time it delivers higher levels of performance, making owning and driving the Genesis even more exhilarating than before. The new model reinforces our ‘Modern Premium’ philosophy that has been acclaimed by customers and automotive experts around the world.”
The Genesis has enjoyed many international accolades since 2009 when it won the North America Car Of The Year award, and more recently was voted Most Dependable Midsize Premium Car in the JD Power and associates 2012 vehicle dependability study.
The Genesis is part of Hyundai’s luxury car lineup, which also includes the Genesis Coupe and Hyundai’s flagship car the Centennial. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week