Euro Motors receives new BMW X3 batch
Manama, December 13, 2012
Leading BMW Group importer in Bahrain, Euro Motors, has received a new consignment of the second generation BMW X3 model, a year after its official arrival in the kingdom.
The new BMW X3 was launched seven years after the world’s most successful premium automotive manufacturer introduced its original X3 Sports Activity Vehicle in 2003, a statement from the company said. With a totally redesigned exterior and interior, the new X3 is instantly recognisable as a member of the BMW X family that includes the popular BMW X6, X5 and X1 models.
The X3 took BMW Group to a new era in driving dynamics and innovative technology, and is strengthening BMW’s strong position in the SAV segment with the latest in automotive innovation and technological development, the statement said.
Since its launch, this car continues to be one of the most successful BMW X models with global sales continuously achieving double digit growth. For the first ten months of the year, BMW Group’s sales of the X3 in the Middle East rose by 117 per cent. In addition, the popular BMW X models accounted for 37 per cent of total Middle East sales.
Paul Yates, general manager of Euro Motors, said: “The BMW X3 continues to be a popular choice amongst customers here in Bahrain. With its new sportier design, spaciousness and innovative technology, the car is a versatile vehicle that shares many of the design characteristics found in our ever popular X5 model.”
“We are delighted to see such a great response from Bahraini customers and are confident that the new BMW X3 will remain a leader in its segment and will add another chapter to the BMW X3 success story here in Bahrain.”
The combination of a flat front and a high rear end indicate the vehicle’s sporting characteristics, whilst the forward-slanting BMW kidney grille, large headlights, powerful looking front apron and distinctive contoured bonnet signalises self-assured presence.
The side view of the new BMW X3 is characterised by a unique interpretation of typical BMW X design features, including powerfully flared wheel arches and the short distance between the front axle and instrument panel.
The modern, high-quality interior has been ergonomically designed to ensure optimum comfort with an outstanding level of spaciousness and comfortable seating for five people. Sporty elegance is highlighted by technology-oriented styling, including an 8.8 inch high-resolution navigation system, the largest on-board monitor in its segment.
Offering an unparalleled choice of driver assist technology functions and mobility services, BMW ConnectedDrive further enhances the comfort, safety and sheer driving pleasure of the new BMW X3, the statement said.
Features include full colour head-up display with new BMW Night Vision, the automotive world’s first system with individual person detection, making driving at night safer for both driver and pedestrians.
Inside the new BMW X3, owners of select BlackBerry smart phones can access their mobile phone’s e-mails, contact lists, messages and calendar entries, which are shown on the control display and read out via the optional voice output.
In addition, Bluetooth Audio Streaming enables the driver to listen to music from an audio player or mobile phone without the need for a cable. The title information for the song appears in the vehicle display and can be selected and accessed via the iDrive Controller.
The second generation model will be available in the Middle East with two new six-cylinder engine variants boasting twin-turbo technology and an eight-speed automatic transmission - the xDrive35i and xDrive 28i.
The top-of-the-range xDrive 35i engine with 306bhp enables the X3 to sprint from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.7 seconds; the average fuel consumption is 8.8 litres per 100 km and CO2 emissions of 204g p/km making the X3 class-leading in terms of performance and fuel efficiency.
The new BMW X3 has been designed around BMW’s robust EfficientDynamics strategy that encompasses many technology innovations to offer outstanding performance and a reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emission.
In addition, the BMW X3 comes with brake energy regeneration, electric power steering (EPS), demand-controlled ancillary components, intelligent lightweight construction and tyres with reduced rolling resistance that contributes towards lowering fuel consumption and exhaust emission levels. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price