Bahrain F1 tickets set to go on sale
Manama, December 13, 2012
Tickets for the 2013 edition of Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix will go on sale this weekend, said a report.
Bahrain's biggest sporting event will roar into action from April 19 until 21 at the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC), according to the report published in our sister newspaper the Gulf Daily News.
The 2013 F1 will be the fourth round of next year's FIA Formula One World Championship.
Organisers have announced that tickets will go on sale from Saturday at Formula One stalls in Seef Mall and Bahrain City Centre.
They also said the tickets will be sold with a 15 per cent discount until January 31, as part of the BIC's early bird special.
All ticket holders will automatically enter a raffle draw for a chance to win a new car on the final week of the promotion.
Also, to celebrate Bahrain's National Day, those who buy tickets between Saturday and Monday will be entered in the draw twice.
Other prizes will also be up for grabs including iPhones, iPads, BIC Xperience packages and return tickets to Dubai during weekly draws that will be held each Sunday, starting December 23.
The weekly winners will also be eligible to enter the grand prize draw.
Organisers said children aged between three and 15 will receive a 50 per cent discount on ticket prices, while school students aged 16 and 17 will get a 25 per cent reduction and university students will be given a 10 per cent discount.
People with special needs and senior citizens, above 60 years, will also receive a 25 per cent discount on tickets.
Last year's race was cancelled following the outbreak of anti-government demonstrations - although Bahrain paid an estimated GBP25 million ($39.2 million) to Formula One for the rights to host the event. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week