BMW M5 named best performance sedan
Sharjah, December 5, 2012
The BMW M5 was named the 'Best Performance Sedan' at the 2012 Middle East Motor Awards (MEMA) reception, held during the recent Sharjah International Motor Show.
Now in their third year, the annual Middle East Motor Awards, which are supported by the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce & Industry, celebrate the achievements of the region’s automotive business industry and recognise some of the sector’s key players.
BMW was praised for its engineering excellence, with the BMW M5 pipping the shortlisted Mercedes Benz C63 AMG and Jaguar XFR to the post with its high-revving, 4.4-litre, V8 engine with an M Twin Power Turbo package.
The V8 engine produces 560 hp from 6000-7000rpm and a maximum of 680 Nm of torque from 1500rpm. The car accelerates to 100km/h in 4.4 seconds.
Judged by a panel of 17 automotive media and experts, the awards are considered the best and most coveted accolades in the Middle East’s Automotive Industry, with awards for the region’s best cars in several categories and sub-divisions, ranging from saloons to hybrids and sports cars.
BMW Group Middle East’s official importer in Dubai, Sharjah and the Northern Emirates, AGMC, showcased 12 BMW and four MINI models at the Sharjah International Motor Show at Expo Centre Sharjah.
Highlights included the debut of the MINI John Cooper Works automatic model, which features a six speed automatic gearbox for the very first time, and the new BMW M6 Coupé and Convertible, which offer 560 hp models engines and M Sport technology. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin rolls out new Vanquish Volante
- Abu Dhabi group buys key stake in British F1 team
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha