Jaguar launches new 2013 models in Jordan
Amman, December 4, 2012
Luxury automotive manufacturer Jaguar has launched its 2013 XF and XJ models in Jordan in collaboration with Mahmoudia Motors, the official dealer of the Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo brands in the Kingdom.
Jaguar’s multi award-winning XF and aluminium-bodied XJ saloon ranges feature significant enhancements for the 2013 Model Year with considerably improved efficiency through a newly expanded powertrain range, said a company statement.
The 340PS supercharged petrol engine and 240PS turbocharged petrol engine join the existing line-up of both naturally-aspirated and supercharged 5.0-litre V8 petrol engines. The naturally-aspirated V8 engine is only available on the Jaguar XJ range, it stated.
The eight-speed ZF transmission is now extended across the entire XF and XJ ranges for the 2013 Model Year, offering better economy, reduced emissions and smoother acceleration compared to the previous six-speed equipped models, he remarked.
For all installations, the transmission’s operating software has been specifically tuned to ensure that it perfectly matches the power delivery of the engines to which it is mated and offers the sporting feel, precision and smooth shifting expected of a Jaguar, he noted.
The 2013 Model Year XF and XJ mark the start of a new partnership for Jaguar with British audio experts Meridian – previewed in the flagship XJ Ultimate.
On the line up, Mahmoudia Motors GM Amjad Saeed said, “Jaguar’s XF and XJ nameplates are already favorites in the Jordanian market, and with the advanced technology applied to the 2013 Model Year cars, we foresee further growth for the brand here."-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer