Al-Futtaim opens UAE’s 14th Toyota outlet
Dubai, December 4, 2012
Al-Futtaim Motors, exclusive distributors of Toyota in the UAE, has launched its newest showroom, service and parts facility at Al Badia, Dubai Festival City, bringing to 14 the total number of Toyota outlets in the country.
The new facility provides easy access from key areas in Dubai such as Deira, Garhoud, Business Bay, Nad Al Hamr and Mirdif, a statement said.
“This new facility is designed to drive Toyota’s customer satisfaction to new heights and further cements the 57 year-long relationship between Toyota Motor Corporation and Al-Futtaim Motors, our exclusive UAE partner,” said Hisayuki Inoue, senior managing director, chief officer of Middle East, Africa & Latin America’s Group, Toyota Motor Corporation, at the inaugural event.
Simon Frith, managing director, Al-Futtaim Motors, said: “We are making a statement about our endless strive to always enrich our customer experience. We will continue to invest in global leading facilities that are engineered to provide attentive and efficient service. This represents a major investment in the future of the company, and reflects our confidence in the continuing popularity of Toyota in the UAE."
The new building introduces personalized handling which encompasses every aspect of the customer journey while providing a pleasant working environment for Al-Futtaim Motors’ employees.
Upon arrival at the site, customers are warmly welcomed by a team of hosts offering technical advice before guiding to their dedicated service advisor. Each advisor, supported by a team of expert technicians, drivers and cleaners will ensure that the customer requirements are correctly addressed.
Once the vehicles have been booked in, guests are invited to the dedicated customer lounge where they can enjoy refreshments from Caribou Coffee, surf the web, peruse the latest new models in the Toyota range or flick through the integrated high tech table-top brochures.
After service or repair, each vehicle will be taken through the new environmental friendly brushless car wash facility, capable of cleaning 100 cars every hour, before being vacuumed and placed in the air conditioned delivery area ready for return.
The facility targets to minimize the wait time due to an effective scheduling system which can receive and process up to 30 cars at the same time. With a current capacity of 400 cars a day, all scheduled services will finish in one day, the statement said.
Guests will be given the choice to be taken to one of the local amenities by courtesy coach, where they will be able to go shopping at the Dubai Festival Centre, play a round of golf at Al Badia Golf Club, or even stop at Al Rashidya Metro Station to continue their journey.
For Toyota employees, the new facility provides a host of innovations and enhanced working practices designed to improve employee performance, comfort and productivity in a safe and friendly environment; all contributing to an enhanced customer experience.
Spanning over 14,500 sq m, the fully air conditioned outlet employs 105 technicians manning 82 service bays equipped with their own recycling solutions.
From the reception and retail space to the service parts centre and the workshop, the facility has adopted a series of green innovations that have helped minimise energy consumption levels, making the flagship Toyota Al Badia model for all future Al-Futtaim Motors facilities.
It features a host of energy saving features that include atriums for natural day light and a solar-powered lighting system for the 100-capacity car park.
The centre’s car wash operation is fitted with technology that directs used water to the recycling plant of the facility which also includes a compartmented scrap yard for waste segregation.
The new Al Badia facility operates seven days a week across all business areas and will be offering extended opening hours providing greater convenience for customers, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week