Sheikh Mohammed receives first new Range Rover
Dubai , November 18, 2012
Al Tayer Motors, the exclusive distributor for Land Rover in the UAE, has become the first dealer in the world to deliver the all new Range Rover.
The world’s first all-aluminium Range Rover was handed over to His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, a statement said.
One vehicle with the symbolic Dubai 1 registration plate was delivered to Sheikh Mohammed and another with the registration Dubai 11 was given to Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, it said.
Phil Popham, director, group sales operations, Jaguar Land Rover, said: “This is a great honour for Land Rover, and we are delighted that His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum has taken delivery of the first new Range Rover globally. With the Land Rover strength at its heart, the new model has been engineered to be the most capable and refined Range Rover ever.
“While maintaining the essential, unique character of the vehicle that blends luxury, performance and unmatched all-terrain capability, the new design and revolutionary lightweight construction have enabled us to transform the experience for luxury vehicle drivers”. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style
- Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
- Najd Rent-a-Car buys 50 new luxury cars
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class launched in Kuwait
- Dubai RTA services to go online in June
- Mercedes-Benz Kuwait launches service week
- New Jaguar F-TYPE makes UAE debut
- Yas Marina offers 5 AMG driving experiences
- Transguard driver wins top honour
- UAE Renault sales goes up 49pc