Al-Futtaim unveils 2013 Lexus LS range
Dubai, November 14, 2012
Al-Futtaim Motors, exclusive distributor for Lexus in the UAE, has announced the arrival of the new 2013 LS model range, including the LS 460, LS 600h and an all-new LS 460 F Sport.
The LS 600h equipped with Lexus hybrid drive remains the world’s most powerful full hybrid V8, a statement said.
Saud Abbasi, general manager, Al-Futtaim Motors-Lexus, said, “This year we launched more all-new cars and major redesigns in the UAE than ever before in the history of Lexus. 2013 LS is the grand culmination for all our launches. It is the epitome of automotive luxury with over 3,000 changes, including three world’s first and no less than 15 Lexus first features and technical innovations.”
“The new flagship Lexus is the most sophisticated LS yet and will satisfy UAE’s most discerning customers. The new design philosophy reflects Lexus’ evolution and gives the LS a more powerful on road presence. An all-new F Sport package has been introduced to combine a sporty, aggressive exterior and interior design with genuine dynamic enhancements.”
The exterior of the new LS has been comprehensively redesigned. A Lexus first, it is equipped with all-LED exterior lighting, including vertical fog lamps incorporating the world’s smallest bulb, and unique, L-shaped, seamless light tube Daytime Running Lights (DRLs).
New, laser screw welding and adhesive body bonding techniques have increased overall body rigidity. For an even flatter, road-hugging ride, pitch and bounce control has been enhanced. This has been achieved through new Frequency Adaptive Damping (FAD) shock absorbers or an evolved 4-wheel interlock control in the Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS).
A new Drive Mode Select system features up to five switchable driving modes - ECO, COMFORT, NORMAL, Sport S and Sport S+, to optimise the driver’s preferred combination of economy, comfort, performance and handling characteristics.
An all-new F Sport package combines a sporty, aggressive exterior and interior design with genuine dynamic enhancements, including the lowering of ride height by 10 mm, Brembo 6-pot caliper front brakes, and paddle shift controls.
Rear-wheel drive LS 460 models further benefit from the addition of a Torsen limited slip differential and paddle shift incorporating automatic throttle blipping on downshifts. And LS 600h versions are equipped with an Active Stabiliser System.
The LS 460 F Sport package also adds an intake sound creator to the engine, amplifying the vibration of the intake pulse and introducing it into the cabin.
The front seats have been further improved and, the world’s first, both front and rear seat climate control and the steering wheel rim heater may now be automatically incorporated in the operation of the new Lexus Climate Concierge air conditioning system featuring up to 13 sensors managed by a central ECU.
The LS’s beautifully crafted interior is complimented by the world’s first Advanced Illumination System (AIS), featuring new, Champagne White interior lamps and dynamic LED instrument panel lighting.
The new interior design not only focuses on greater levels of refinement and occupant comfort, but also responds to the demands of a further maturation of Lexus’ renowned Human Machine Interface (HMI) technologies.
The award-winning Remote Touch Interface (RTI) offers a comprehensive infotainment system control via a 12.3-inchLCD multi display screen – the industry’s largest.
The Lexus Navigation System benefits from a powerful, HDD capacity and internet connectivity, making it one of the fastest, most accurate systems on the market. The rear seat entertainment system has been upgraded with a Blu-ray player.
The new Advanced Pre-Crash Safety system (A-PCS) with collision avoidance assist is the most advanced pre-collision active safety system in the industry. A newly developed Adaptive High-beam System (AHS) automatically switches between low, high and shielded beam modes and can increase the average time spent driving under high beam illumination.
The new flagship has been designed to reinforce the outstanding quality that has earned Lexus numerous global awards with each successive generation of LS. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer