Kia sees 3.1pc global growth in Oct
Dubai, November 11, 2012
Kia Motors has announced its global sales figures for passenger cars, recreational vehicles (RVs) and commercial vehicles for October reached a total of 228,146 units, marking a year-on-year increase of 3.1 per cent.
In October, Kia posted a year-on-year sales increases of 14 per cent in North America (48,880 units sold) and 7.4 per cent in Europe (49,168 units sold).
Meanwhile, October sales in general markets, Korea and China decreased by 1.5 per cent (41,989 units sold); 1.7 per cent (40,600 units sold); and 2.6 per cent (47,509 units sold) respectively.
Cumulatively through the first ten months of 2012, Kia’s global sales have increased by 10.7 per cent year-on-year to reach 2,262,933 units. Europe, North America and China have experienced the highest cumulative gains to date in 2012 of 22.0 per cent (482,335 units sold), 18.1 per cent (545,487 units sold), and 10.4 per cent (403,656 units sold), respectively.
Kia’s best selling model in overseas markets for the month of October was the B-segment Rio (known as K2 in China) with 37,618 units sold.
The Sportage compact CUV was the second best seller with 32,013 units delivered, while the C-segment Cerato (known as ‘Forte’ in some markets), D-segment Optima sedan and Sorento mid-size CUV followed with 30,885; 21,932; and 18,424 units sold, respectively. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show