Kia sees 3.1pc global growth in Oct
Dubai, November 11, 2012
Kia Motors has announced its global sales figures for passenger cars, recreational vehicles (RVs) and commercial vehicles for October reached a total of 228,146 units, marking a year-on-year increase of 3.1 per cent.
In October, Kia posted a year-on-year sales increases of 14 per cent in North America (48,880 units sold) and 7.4 per cent in Europe (49,168 units sold).
Meanwhile, October sales in general markets, Korea and China decreased by 1.5 per cent (41,989 units sold); 1.7 per cent (40,600 units sold); and 2.6 per cent (47,509 units sold) respectively.
Cumulatively through the first ten months of 2012, Kia’s global sales have increased by 10.7 per cent year-on-year to reach 2,262,933 units. Europe, North America and China have experienced the highest cumulative gains to date in 2012 of 22.0 per cent (482,335 units sold), 18.1 per cent (545,487 units sold), and 10.4 per cent (403,656 units sold), respectively.
Kia’s best selling model in overseas markets for the month of October was the B-segment Rio (known as K2 in China) with 37,618 units sold.
The Sportage compact CUV was the second best seller with 32,013 units delivered, while the C-segment Cerato (known as ‘Forte’ in some markets), D-segment Optima sedan and Sorento mid-size CUV followed with 30,885; 21,932; and 18,424 units sold, respectively. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award