Hyundai to display top models at Saudi show
Dubai, November 4, 2012
Hyundai has announced that it will showcase its premium model line-up at the EXCS International Luxury Motor Show, set to be held this month at the Hilton Hotel in Jeddah.
The Centennial and Genesis Prada will be displayed at the event which will go on from November 6 to 8.
Hyundai’s luxury car line-up has enjoyed impressive success on a global scale, a statement from the company said. Combined sales of Centennial and Genesis models are set to hit 30,000 units this year in the US.
In the first three quarters of the year, combined Centennial and Genesis sales in Saudi Arabia registered an increase of 342 per cent (January to September) over last year.
Tom Lee, head of Hyundai’s Middle East regional headquarters, said: “It is extremely important for Hyundai to be displaying our luxury line-up at such a prestigious show, and in such a key market for our company.”
“The flagship Centennial and Genesis are proving increasingly desirable across the region and are solidifying our position in the luxury car segment, and nowhere is this more true than in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”
The Centennial is Hyundai’s flagship car, which offers a first-class driving experience, with power available from Hyundai’s TAU V8. The 4.6-litre TAU DOHC V8 unit produces 373 hp.
The model is also available with a 3.8Litre MPI engine that produces 290hp, giving it a top speed of 240kph. The engine is coupled with a Hyundai-developed eight-speed transmission with Shiftronic manual shift capability.
Passengers will enjoy the air cell massage seat, power adjustable leg supports for extra comfort, and the center console which houses a cool box big enough to fit any refreshment. Electric side curtains and luxury seat back tables add to the sense of luxury and refinement, the statement said.
The Genesis model range includes the Genesis Saloon, the Genesis Coupe and the limited edition Genesis Prada. On display in Jeddah, the Genesis Prada is a special edition that has been produced in collaboration with the world renowned fashion designer Prada, and featuring the designer’s signature Saffiano leather.
Boasting a 4.6-liter V8 engine, 1,200 of this Limited Edition model have been produced worldwide. The Genesis saloon houses a 290hp 3.8 V6 DOHC engine and comes with all the premium elements expected in a luxury saloon, including leather seats and wood paneling. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners