Al Habtoor named top McLaren retailer
Dubai, November 4, 2012
UAE-based Al Habtoor Motors has been declared the most successful McLaren retailer in the world for October with second best record sales of the McLaren 12C Coupe high-performance sports car during the month.
Celebrating the landmark achievement, Al Habtoor Motors said its exciting new McLaren businesses - McLaren Dubai and McLaren Abu Dhabi - crossed the finish line in October in first place.
"Al Habtoor Motors is proud to be part of the McLaren family and to be working successfully with the McLaren team in the Middle East," remarked Sultan Al Habtoor.
"Launching a new sports car brand that competes against the world's best is an incredible challenge, but our heritage of selling prestige cars in the UAE, combined with McLaren's technical expertise and desire to make the world's best sports cars makes a great partnership. I hope we continue in pole position," he added.
Mark Harrison of McLaren said, "The teams at McLaren Dubai and McLaren Abu Dhabi have worked tremendously hard this year to launch our new sports car brand; McLaren's job was to deliver a range of sports cars that can compete with the best."
"We believe we have done that and these sales figures prove that, in partnership with our retailers, sports car buyers in the UAE are also in agreement. Hopefully it will inspire our Formula 1 team to also be number one this weekend at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix!," he added.
McLaren Automotive is an independent company, chaired by Ron Dennis, and based at the McLaren Technology Centre, the Group’s headquarters in Surrey.
McLaren Automotive has a rich and seamless heritage in producing premium sports cars for the road: the McLaren F1 road car, which was launched in 1992, set the land speed record for a production car, and is regarded as one of the best examples of supercar exotica.
The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren is the most successful supercar ever in its price bracket, having sold twice as many cars as its nearest carbon-based rival.
McLaren Automotive is now launching a new car company through a global network of highly regarded premium car retailers who will sell a full range of McLaren high-performance sports cars built at an advanced new manufacturing facility, the McLaren Production Centre.
McLaren Automotive’s debut model is the MP4-12C. Drawing on the company’s long-standing Formula 1 experience in its concept and development, the 12C will be lighter, more powerful, more fuel efficient and more exclusive than its key competition.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi