Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear
Dubai, October 24, 2012
Nissan Patrol, the company's flagship SUV model, has netted its highest sales in the Gulf market, recording more than 3,500 units between July and September this year, said a top official.
August was a record month with sales close to 1,500 units. At 89 per cent, Nissan Patrol’s sales growth is almost double that of the large sport utility vehicle segment (SUV-L).
“These record sales are a direct result of the aesthetic and technological superiority of the Patrol in a very competitive segment,” remarked Samir Cherfan, the sales and marketing director, Nissan Middle East.
“With unique features like the independent body motion 4WD control, Around view monitor and fuel efficient 5.6 V8 engine, we are confident that our flagship SUV for the Middle East will continue to excite our customers and exceed all expectations,” Cherfan stated.
Additionally, the Patrol market share is up 33 per cent reaching 20 per cent of the segment this year, he added.
The significant growth in demand of the SUV segment can be attributed to a buoyant customer sentiment in the region, and ofcourse the refreshing new blend of luxury and technology that Patrol offers to the discerning SUV customers today.
Meticulously engineered for over 60 years, the Patrol is Nissan’s flagship SUV model and enjoys a rich heritage and passionate following in the Middle East that dates back to the 1950s.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race