Ford recalls 262,000 Fiestas to fix air bag issue
New York, October 17, 2012
Ford Motor Co said it is recalling 262,000 Fiesta subcompacts from model years 2011-2013 to reprogram the passenger side curtain air bags.
The vehicles originally were programmed so the passenger side curtain air bags would not deploy in certain crashes if the front passenger seat were empty, Ford said.
That information is not explained in the vehicle owner's manual, according to the official recall notice posted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The recall includes 154,604 Fiestas in the US, with the rest in Canada, Mexico and South America.
Ford will reprogram a computer module on the vehicles so that the passenger side curtain air bags will not be suppressed in a crash when the front passenger seat is unoccupied, the company said. - Reuters
Tags: Cars |
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC