Doha luxury mall displays McLaren coupe
Doha, September 30, 2012
Lagoona Mall, a leading luxury mall in Doha, is hosting a display of one of the world’s top high performance sports cars, the McLaren MP4-12C Coupe, until the end of November.
The 12C Coupe is built in the McLaren Production Centre (MPC), next door to the McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) where the race cars of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button are prepared by the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 team in Woking, UK.
The display has been organised by McLaren Doha retail partner, Al Wajba Motors. The MP4-12C is the first “pure McLaren”; every part is designed and built by McLaren, according to a statement.
“McLaren doesn’t really need any introduction, they have been winners in one of every four Formula 1 races they have ever entered and are renowned for being a relentlessly competitive company, bred on high-performance and determined to bring to market ground-breaking technologies and a range of sports cars,” said Eamon Kelly, general manager of Lagoona Mall.
“Lagoona Mall is proud to have been selected by McLaren to showcase their debut model, the 12C Coupe, this supports the Lagoona Mall vision to be a market leader in hosting luxury brands.”
McLaren Automotive’s executive chairman Ron Dennis said: “At McLaren we never stop, we exist to go faster; to be state-of-the-art; to innovate; to perform with belief, flair and passion; to be the absolute best at what we do. McLaren Automotive builds on nearly 50 years of heritage and the founding principles of good design and solid, seamlessly efficient engineering and manufacturing.”
The 12C features a revolutionary carbon fiber chassis structure, the Carbon MonoCell. This is the first time a production car below $500,000 has been presented with this ultra-strong and ultra-lightweight racing car-derived engineering solution. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week