Al-Futtaim names promotion winner
Dubai, September 23, 2012
Al-Futtaim Motors, the exclusive distributors of Toyota in the UAE, has announced Salil Valiparambil, an Indian national, as the winner of the Dh1 million ($0.27 million) Toyota Ramadan Millionaire promotion.
The multi-tiered 2012 Ramadan campaign which ran for the second consecutive year, offered in addition to the Dh1 million, free upgrades on various SUVs, sedans and compact cars, as well as weekly Samsung Galaxy Tabs and various instantaneous gifts.
Al-Futtaim Motors presented the winner with the cheque at a special ceremony attended by Al-Futtaim Motors senior officials, and the winner’s entourage after conducting the official draw in the presence of a representative from Dubai Economic Department, a statement from the company said.
"We would like to congratulate Valiparambil for winning. It is rewarding to see Toyota opening a new chapter for him and making such a positive difference in his life. This promotion is a UAE-first in the automotive industry and will definitely become an Al-Futtaim Motors tradition, which customers will be looking forward to year after year,” said Simon Frith, the managing director Al-Futtaim Motors.
“Due to the many elements in the Ramadan offer, our retail sales on the passenger cars increased by 37 per cent, while the SUV sales jumped 93 per cent with a remarkable progress in the light commercial vehicle segment, registering a growth of 20 per cent compared to the Ramadan period in 2011,” Frith concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers