Al-Futtaim names promotion winner
Dubai, September 23, 2012
Al-Futtaim Motors, the exclusive distributors of Toyota in the UAE, has announced Salil Valiparambil, an Indian national, as the winner of the Dh1 million ($0.27 million) Toyota Ramadan Millionaire promotion.
The multi-tiered 2012 Ramadan campaign which ran for the second consecutive year, offered in addition to the Dh1 million, free upgrades on various SUVs, sedans and compact cars, as well as weekly Samsung Galaxy Tabs and various instantaneous gifts.
Al-Futtaim Motors presented the winner with the cheque at a special ceremony attended by Al-Futtaim Motors senior officials, and the winner’s entourage after conducting the official draw in the presence of a representative from Dubai Economic Department, a statement from the company said.
"We would like to congratulate Valiparambil for winning. It is rewarding to see Toyota opening a new chapter for him and making such a positive difference in his life. This promotion is a UAE-first in the automotive industry and will definitely become an Al-Futtaim Motors tradition, which customers will be looking forward to year after year,” said Simon Frith, the managing director Al-Futtaim Motors.
“Due to the many elements in the Ramadan offer, our retail sales on the passenger cars increased by 37 per cent, while the SUV sales jumped 93 per cent with a remarkable progress in the light commercial vehicle segment, registering a growth of 20 per cent compared to the Ramadan period in 2011,” Frith concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise