Al-Futtaim Group launches automotive academy
Dubai, September 19, 2012
Dubai-based Al-Futtaim Group today announced the launch of a first-of-its kind institution that will provide UAE nationals with internationally accredited training in the automotive industry.
The Al-Futtaim Automotive Academy will offer a programme by the Institute of Motor Industry (IMI) through a large number of IMI certified trainers. All trainees will be offered a variety of e-learning subjects and on-the-job competency development, said a statement.
Len Hunt, president-automotive, Al-Futtaim Group, said: “The automotive academy is an important enabler in Al-Futtaim Automotive Division’s objective to be the automotive company of choice. It empowers UAE nationals with the skills that will help them excel and raise the bar within the industry.”
He was speaking during the inauguration which saw the unveiling of a commemorative plaque at the academy located on Sheikh Zayed Road. Present during the inauguration were Kevin Watkins, general manager, Al-Futtaim Automotive Academy. Hunt and Watkins were also joined by a number of the Automotive Division’s managing directors, national managers, HR business partners and the Automotive Academy team.
The academy will provide the group’s Automotive Division with an industry leading training curriculum for the development of the Al-Futtaim automotive associates. This facility, backed by an experienced academy team of training professionals, has the specialist capability to deliver new product launch training, product knowledge, automotive IT systems, brand Core skill, sales and aftersales, behavioral soft skills and customer and associate engagement programmes, the statement said.
More Motoring Stories
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price