ME Motor Awards to name winners
Sharjah, September 16, 2012
The Middle East Motor Awards (Mema), the region’s biggest awards of the automotive industry, will announce the top three contenders for each of the 17 award categories in November after a seven-month voting and assessment process.
The winners of the awards will be presented on November 28, the opening day of the International Automobile Show at Expo Centre Sharjah, a statement from an official said.
"Mema is the most prestigious award of its kind in the region. It is also the most credible award of its kind as it is judged by 17 independent jury members from 10 Middle Eastern countries, including Lebanon, Qatar, Jordon, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman and the UAE," said Saif Mohammed Al Midfa, director-general, Expo Centre Sharjah.
Dr Mohammad Ben Sulayem, vice president of FIA Middle East and president of ATC UAE, said: "I am pleased to offer my continued support to the Middle East Motor Awards 2012. The event consistently captures the imagination of all those involved in the Middle East automotive industry, celebrating emerging technologies and unmatched vehicle performance. Since its inaugural edition two years ago, the awards have been a highlight of the motor trade calendar.”
Nominations were based on various criteria such as performance, design, handling, driver satisfaction and value-for-money, and were assessed by a jury consisting of independent automotive journalists. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class launched in Kuwait
- Dubai RTA services to go online in June
- Mercedes-Benz Kuwait launches service week
- New Jaguar F-TYPE makes UAE debut
- Yas Marina offers 5 AMG driving experiences
- Transguard driver wins top honour
- UAE Renault sales goes up 49pc
- Al Majid opens 2 KIA showrooms
- Nissan reveals Le Mans 24 Hours line-up
- BMW Group posts record April sales