New Merc G 63 AMG roars into Kuwait
Kuwait, September 10, 2012
Mercedes-Benz has announced the launch of its all new G 63 AMG, that is powered by a 544 hp 5.5-liter twin-turbo V8 engine that also makes 760 Nm (560 lb-ft) of peak torque.
Announcing the launch, AR Albisher and Z. Alkazemi Company, the exclusive general distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Kuwait said the new G 63 SUV beast also has an earth shattering new engine, hitech drive technology and expressive design and a speedshift plus 7G-Tronic automatic transmission system.
Driven by the power of 612 stampeding horses and maximum torque reaching 1000 newton metres – an unmatched record in the off-road segment, the new 65 AMG’s V12 6.0-litre biturbo engine races from 0-100Km/h in 5.3 seconds, and a top speed of 230km/h (electronically limited), it stated.
The 760 Nm of torque accelerates the exclusive SUV icon from zero to 100 km/h in just 5.4 seconds, topping out at a phenomenal 210 km/h (electronically limited).
Michael Ruehle, the general manager of Abdul Rahman Albisher & Zaid Alkazemi Company, said the AMG has been showcased in a specially-designed lounge at the company showroom in Shuwaikh for a personalised consultation.
"Our G-Class has been a force to be reckoned with for over 33 years and has a special place in the hearts of our customers. The latest incarnation evolves the G-Class a mighty step further," observed Ruehle.
"More power, more performance, more luxury and safety build on its unmistakable character, and galvanises the Gelandewagen further into a class of its own," he stated.
"The visitors to our showroom will learn very quickly that the evergreen off-road classic has kept its character as it goes high-tech with a raft of future-oriented systems," he said.
With new features including spray-controlled petrol direct injection, the ECO start/stop function and generator management, the twin tailpipes on both sides at the rear roar out the hallmark AMG eight-cylinder sound that means so much to the vehicle’s many admirers.
"The interior features even more innovations in comparison with the predecessor model. Along with the facelift changes provided as standard, including the new instrument panel and infotainment and assist systems, the G 63 AMG has an AMG instrument cluster with colour TFT screen, AMG main menu and separate gear display, plus white-lit AMG sills on all doors," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service