Al-Futtaim launches all-new 2013 ES
Abu Dhabi, August 2, 2012
Al-Futtaim Motors, the exclusive distributors for Lexus in the UAE, has announced the launch of the all-new 2013 ES, which features a progressive new design and enhanced handling.
Saud Abbasi, the general manager of Al-Futtaim Motors – Lexus, said: “Over the years, the Lexus ES has consistently fulfilled the aspirations of our core customers in the UAE. Now, with the launch of the all-new ES we are confident that this core customer base will grow even further.”
“The ES is an exceptionally advanced luxury sedan with the capacity to compete with other luxury cars in terms of a crisp and confident driving experience.”
“The departure from the previous generation ES in terms of styling and design is keeping in line with the new Lexus design philosophy that is being adopted across all Lexus models,” he said. “The new spindle grille, the aerodynamic bodylines and the technologically superior interior have all been seamlessly put together to create a sense of luxury that will attract more people to brand Lexus.”
The ES 350 is powered by a 2GR-FE V6 Dual VVT-i engine, featuring advanced technologies and six-speed automatic electronically controlled transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) providing enhanced performance, fuel efficiency and smooth shifts.
In addition to ES350, Lexus has also introduced the ES 250 which is powered by a 2AR-FE I4 dual 4-valve dual VVT-i engine and has adopted various features such as roller rocker armsystem which help achieve advanced engine performance and low fuel consumption.
The modern interior of the 2013 ES has been designed to provide both a sense of openness and security. Sightlines and visibility are improved, controls are logically placed, and new cabin materials express a high level of craftsmanship, the statement said.
The new ES will feature enhanced leather seating surfaces, developed to reduce environmental impact. Premium leather is also available, as is semi-aniline leather for an even more refined look and feel.
In addition to the black, light gray and ivory color schemes from the current generation semi-aniline interior colours, Criollo has been newly added to the lineup for a total of four available colour schemes.
The blind spot monitor helps detect vehicles in side blind spots, and lane departure alert (LDA) is integrated with automatic high beam dimming technology. The pre-crash system (PCS) uses sub-millimeter wave radar to detect obstructions and prepare the vehicle for a potential collision.
The brake control system features that have been adopted include anti-lock brake system (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD), brake assist, traction control (TRC), vehicle stability control (VSC) and emergency stop signal.
Ventilated front 17-inch (V6) or 16-inch (L4) disc brakes are available and solid rear 16-inch disc brakes have been adopted.
The ES features a segment-leading 10 airbags as standard equipment, including dual-stage SRS airbags for the front seats as well as driver and front passenger SRS knee airbags, front and rear SRS side airbags, and full-length SRS curtain shield airbags.
Whiplash injury lessening (WIL) front seats are designed to limit excessive head movement in certain rear-end collisions helping to decrease the severity of whiplash-type injuries.
The Lexus ES starts at Dh155,000 ($42,205.6) and is now on sale at all Al-Futtaim Lexus showrooms. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi