BMW sees record ME sales growth
Dubai, July 9, 2012
Global auto giant BMW Group witnessed solid sales growth in the Middle East region with a 13 per cent jump in its sales for the first half of 2012 compared to the same period last year, said a top official.
Building on its best first quarter ever, BMW delivered a total of 10,352 BMW and MINI vehicles to customers across 14 Middle East markets, revealed Alexander Eftimov, the director of sales and marketing, BMW Group Middle East.
'The number of cars sold in the first six months is the best ever half year results we have achieved here in the Middle East, which sets the pace for another successful year,' he remarked.
Eftimov said the BMW Group Middle East’s half year performance was boosted by sales of its top-of-the-range vehicles.
The BMW 5 Series was the company’s most popular model, followed by the BMW X5 Sports Activity Vehicle and the company’s flagship BMW 7 Series.
The UAE, he said, topped the market in the region, accounting for 51 per cent of BMW and MINI regional sales in the first half, followed by Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
Markets that showed good individual sales increases included Oman which grew by 38 per cent, Kuwait 25 per cent, Qatar 21 per cent, Jordan 10 per cent, Lebanon 8 per cent and Saudi Arabia by 4 per cent, he noted.
“Together with our importer partners, we remain committed to driving our BMW Group brands forward in the Middle East with the launch of new models and investments into our services,' said Eftimov.
Clearly demonstrating the continued growth of the region’s automotive industry, the company’s first half-year results also highlight Middle East customers’ appetite for luxury vehicles that offer the very best from a brand.
Commenting on its flagship 7 Series model, Eftimov said: 'It is the leading luxury sedan in the region and has consistently been amongst our best selling cars in almost all GCC countries. It maintains its allure in the luxury end market because it is the epitome of luxury, elegance and innovation, all of which are qualities appreciated and desired by discerning customers here in the Middle East.'
'With the latest generation model going on sale in the region in September, we are confident that the 7 Series will continue its successful journey and will remain a strong driving force behind future sales achievements,' he added.
Reaffirming its position as the fastest growing premium brand in the world as well as in the Middle East; MINI also witnessed record sales growth during the first six months netting 48 per cent sales jump across nine Middle East markets.
According to Eftimov, the sales were led by the MINI Countryman – the first MINI with four doors and four wheel drive capabilities – which accounted for 41 per cent of the brand’s regional sales. Meanwhile the MINI Hatch, MINI Cabrio and MINI Coupé were also strong contributing factors to the brand's first half 2012 success.
“As the luxury market goes from strength to strength, so does the competition. By launching new models, investing in regular training and offering attractive tactical price offers and flexible financial service packages whilst implementing world-class brand marketing campaigns, we will maintain our position as the world’s most successful premium automotive manufacturer,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi