Dubai Municipality receives Hino trucks
Dubai, July 2, 2012
UAE-based Al-Futtaim Motors said it has completed the delivery of the Hino 700 series of heavy duty trucks to Dubai Municipality as part of its contract with the organisation.
The Hino fleet - comprising 12 heavy duty trucks under its 700 Series (with 25 m3 tipper body structure) and three Hino 300 series light duty trucks - was delivered at a special ceremony in the presence of Hummeid Al Merri, the director of the transportation department; Walid Mohamad, head of material management section and other officers.
A delegation from Hino Motors Japan headed by Yoshinori Noguchi, managing officer for Hino EMEA division and top officials of Al-Futtaim Motors were also present.
Speaking at the launch, Al Merri said, “We are confident that adding Hino trucks to our fleet will help Dubai Municipality perform its regular tasks serving the community.”
Simon Frith, the managing director of Al-Futtaim Motors, said: “Hino trucks are synonymous with quality. This deal is yet another reflection of the trust the Dubai government institutions have in the brand.'
'We’re very delighted about the conclusion of this agreement with the Dubai Municipality as this reflects the increasing market presence of Hino trucks in the UAE market.”
“This marks a pioneering achievement for Hino in the UAE and we believe it will only be the start of a long-standing relationship with Dubai Municipality,” Frith added.– TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race