Volvo unveils car with pedestrian airbag
Amman, June 17, 2012
Mahmoudia Motors, the sole and official dealer of Volvo in Jordan, has launched Volvo’s V40, the first car in the world to feature pedestrian airbag technology.
The Volvo V40 brings an unprecedented level of safety on the road to help reduce the number of fatalities and serious injuries involving pedestrians, a statement said.
Employing sophisticated technology, the pedestrian airbag system activates at driving speeds between 20 and 50km/h in keeping with research showing that 75 per cent of all accidents involving pedestrians take place at up to 40kmph.
Sensors embedded in the front of the car trigger the deployment of an airbag upon impact with a pedestrian’s legs, thus cushioning the hard parts around the windscreen area to reduce injuries.
“As one the world’s safest car brands, Volvo continues to raise the bar when it comes to industry safety standards. The new pedestrian airbag is the next step in Volvo’s blueprint for creating cars that account for the wellbeing of passengers, pedestrians and the surrounding environment,” said Marouf Badran, Mahmoudia Motors’ Volvo brand manager.
“Mahmoudia Motors will be introducing the V40 in Jordan soon as Volvo’s official and exclusive dealer.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners