Volvo unveils car with pedestrian airbag
Amman, June 17, 2012
Mahmoudia Motors, the sole and official dealer of Volvo in Jordan, has launched Volvo’s V40, the first car in the world to feature pedestrian airbag technology.
The Volvo V40 brings an unprecedented level of safety on the road to help reduce the number of fatalities and serious injuries involving pedestrians, a statement said.
Employing sophisticated technology, the pedestrian airbag system activates at driving speeds between 20 and 50km/h in keeping with research showing that 75 per cent of all accidents involving pedestrians take place at up to 40kmph.
Sensors embedded in the front of the car trigger the deployment of an airbag upon impact with a pedestrian’s legs, thus cushioning the hard parts around the windscreen area to reduce injuries.
“As one the world’s safest car brands, Volvo continues to raise the bar when it comes to industry safety standards. The new pedestrian airbag is the next step in Volvo’s blueprint for creating cars that account for the wellbeing of passengers, pedestrians and the surrounding environment,” said Marouf Badran, Mahmoudia Motors’ Volvo brand manager.
“Mahmoudia Motors will be introducing the V40 in Jordan soon as Volvo’s official and exclusive dealer.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show