Renault GCC posts 33pc growth in Q1
Dubai, June 5, 2012
Renault GCC has registered a regional sales growth of 33 per cent during the first quarter of the year, building on its previous year’s achievement as the fastest growing automotive brand in the GCC region.
Renault’s growth exceeds the automotive sector’s total industry volume (TIV) growth of 15 per cent.
Renault also climbs up the charts in terms of brand ranking. Placed 17th among the top automotive brands in the region (+2 positions versus the same period last year), at the end of Q1 2012 Renault is the first Generalist European car brand in the GCC region and the first European brand in Saudi Arabia and Oman.
Renault’s Fluence model has been named the highest selling European Generalist model in the region and listed among the top 10 in the compact car segment (C-segment) across the GCC region.
In Saudi Arabia, three Renault models - Logan, Fluence and Safrane- are currently enjoying a spot in the top five bestselling European models, a company statement said.
The first quarter of 2012 also saw Renault expanding its service centres, which included the roll out of its largest workshop in the GCC region.
Mustansir Lakdawala, managing director, Renault GCC, said: “We are delighted to see our Brand gaining high traction in the region. This is a testimony to our commitment and dedication in delivering quality products and services at every stage of the brand experience to our customers.”
“We are confident that the 33 per cent growth registered so far in 2012 will drive us to achieve more challenging goals in the mid and long term.”
Benoit Turibe, marketing director, Renault GCC, said: “With the introduction of the new and shockingly affordable Renault Duster, which has received a fantastic response from the market with almost 5,000 test drive request in one month and accounted for 20 per cent of our volumes in May.”
“We now have a complete line-up of 13 cars that allows us to propose a Renault for everyone for every day and for every budget. This reflects our commitment to being people-centric through matching customer expectations with no compromise in product and quality ratio and by making Renault accessible to everyone in the region with a reasonable price tag that people can afford.”
Renault Safrane, Renault GCC’s flagship model, is featured among the top 20 best-selling models of the DE segment in the region, registering a 127 per cent sales growth in YTD April 2012 versus same period 2011.
Aimed at customers that value quality and comfort in every sense of the word, Renault Safrane prioritises the wellbeing of its occupants and offers a first-class travel experience that is not limited to the driver.
At the end of April, Renault Safrane was ranked the top European selling model in the DE segment in Saudi Arabia and Oman.
With three highly fuel-efficient engines issued from the Renault-Nissan Alliance expertise such as the 2.0 16V (140 hp) X-Tronic CVT, the 2.5 V6 (180 hp) 6-speed AT and the 3.5 V6 (240 hp) 6-speed AT, Renault Safrane is able to match customer expectations in the retail and fleet market.
With a 4.89 meter length, Renault Safrane is one of the longest sedans available in the DE segment.
The 3.5 Renault Safrane, which is the expression of Safrane at its best, offers as standards Renault Bose Sound System with 10 speakers, Bluetooth and a Plug & Music digital connectivity, six airbags, ESP with ASR, a tyre pressure monitoring system, three-zone automatic air conditioning, the Renault keyless smart card, beige leather seats, front and rear parking sensor, electric front seats.
The model year 2013 will also receive as standard features a unique Driver Massage seat for a reassuringly relaxing drive, a best-in-class panoramic sunroof, Xenon lamp and 18-inch alloy wheels. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week