McLaren opens showroom in Jeddah
Jeddah, May 29, 2012
McLaren Automotive, manufacturer of the award winning MP4-12C high-performance sports car, has opened a new showroom in Jeddah.
The event was hosted by Al Ghassan Motors’ president and CEO Sheikh Ghassan A H Al Sulaiman, and McLaren Automotive’s regional director for the Middle East and Africa, Mark Harrison.
The McLaren showroom, part of Al Ghassan Motors new retail complex located in the sophisticated residential and shopping district of Tahliah Street, is the British brand’s sixth showroom in the Middle East.
McLaren’s growing presence in the Middle East was also marked by the release of a stunning short film shot entitled “McLaren 12C finds ‘The Perfect Line’ at Yas Marina Circuit”.
Harrison said: “McLaren has firmly established its presence in Saudi Arabia today with the opening of McLaren Jeddah; the new showroom provides our customers and fans with an impressive facility where they can see our debut model the MP4 -12C, and soak up some of the McLaren brand values. In particular, our attention to detail and focus on performance and exceptional customer service.”
Visitors will be able to see the first ‘pure’ McLaren production road car, the MP4-12C. The debut model will be joined within a year by the second of McLaren’s planned model line-up, with a full range of McLaren sports cars in place within three or four years.
Sheikh Ghassan A H Al Sulaiman said: “We are proud to welcome McLaren Automotive as a partner in the Al Ghassan stable of automotive brands. As an innovative and forward thinking brand with a rich racing heritage, McLaren also values customer service, and, I believe, will offer an exciting new choice in this market for our discerning customers in Saudi Arabia.”
Al Ghassan Motors is one of an initial 35 retailers appointed worldwide to sell its range of high-performance, premium sports cars, starting with the ground-breaking MP4-12C. As a specialist in luxury automotive cars, Al Ghassan Motors brings a wealth of experience and an extensive knowledge of the Saudi Arabia market to McLaren.
The Middle East is a key market for McLaren Automotive. In addition to the three showrooms already open in Abu Dhabi, Dubai) and Kuwait, the company’s full regional network will include retailers in Doha and Manama. There is also a service centre in Beirut. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi