Famco launches new branch in Oman
Dubai, May 27, 2012
Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company (Famco), a leading distributor of commercial vehicles, construction and industrial equipment, has opened its new branch in Muscat as part of its regional expansion plans.
The new branch was inaugurated at a grand ceremony in the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Muscat attended by leading industry executives from Oman’s industrial and logistics sectors.
Speaking at the launch, Paul Floyd, the managing director of Famco said: "We take pride in working closely with fleet operators, providing high levels of customer service and expert advice. Now we can bring these qualities to the Omani market where we believe we have much to offer."
"Oman’s vision to invest in its infrastructure has heightened construction activity in the countryand our aim is to set a new benchmark here and be part of this exciting vision. Thanks to our new facility in Muscat, and our highly qualified team, we very much look forward to the opportunityof developing our operations in Oman,” he stated.
Famco Oman will distribute leading brands such as Linde material handling equipment, Merlo telescopic handlers, Ingersoll-Rand industrial air compressors, Mase marine generators, Hart & Nassau industrial doors, Stertil docking systems, and Bott workshop and in-vehicle storage solutions.
The company, said Floyd, is known in the UAE and the region for its customer focused approach and for the strong support it provides through its service and parts network.
It has bases in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Ras Al Khaimah, and in 2011 started operations in Saudi Arabia, Oman and Qatar.
“We take pride in knowing that we are providing our customers with global best practice that set a benchmark throughout the industry within the region,” Floyd added
A part of UAE conglomerate Al Futtaim Group, Famco is a top supplier of products & services to a diverse range of industries & commercial undertakings covering the transportation, construction, manufacturing, warehousing, oil & gas and marine sectors.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers