All-new Toyota 86 launched in Bahrain
Manama, May 27, 2012
The all-new Toyota 86 was yesterday (May 26) launched in Bahrain, by Ebrahim Khalil Kanoo, the exclusive distributor of Toyota and Lexus at one of its major showrooms in the kingdom.
The 86 is designed with a front engine rear wheel drive layout, which is equipped with a 2.0 litre boxer engine that generates 200 HP and a new six-speed automatic or manual transmission.
The new model pays homage to Toyota's sports car icons such as the Supra and 2000GT in terms of design. With its long, low bonnet, high wings, rear-set cabin, sport alloy wheels and maximum level of visuals, the 86 embodies an astonishing racing car.
"The all new Toyota 86 is first class racing car that will exceed all the expectations of racing and speed enthusiasts with its very dynamic, excitement and adventure filled drive," said Toyota and Lexus brand manager Ayman Shehadeh.
"It also marks the return of Toyota to leading this segment and the adding of more versatility to the existing range of Toyota."
The interior of the new 86 is driver oriented with enhanced designs such as the steering wheel, which is made relatively smaller for better grip and the frameless rear view mirror that gives maximum visual exposure. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid