All-new Toyota 86 launched in Bahrain
Manama, May 27, 2012
The all-new Toyota 86 was yesterday (May 26) launched in Bahrain, by Ebrahim Khalil Kanoo, the exclusive distributor of Toyota and Lexus at one of its major showrooms in the kingdom.
The 86 is designed with a front engine rear wheel drive layout, which is equipped with a 2.0 litre boxer engine that generates 200 HP and a new six-speed automatic or manual transmission.
The new model pays homage to Toyota's sports car icons such as the Supra and 2000GT in terms of design. With its long, low bonnet, high wings, rear-set cabin, sport alloy wheels and maximum level of visuals, the 86 embodies an astonishing racing car.
"The all new Toyota 86 is first class racing car that will exceed all the expectations of racing and speed enthusiasts with its very dynamic, excitement and adventure filled drive," said Toyota and Lexus brand manager Ayman Shehadeh.
"It also marks the return of Toyota to leading this segment and the adding of more versatility to the existing range of Toyota."
The interior of the new 86 is driver oriented with enhanced designs such as the steering wheel, which is made relatively smaller for better grip and the frameless rear view mirror that gives maximum visual exposure. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers