McLaren opens new Abu Dhabi showroom
Abu Dhabi, May 26, 2012
McLaren Automotive, a leading British automotive manufacturer of high-performance vehicles, has announced the opening of its new showroom in Abu Dhabi as part of its regional expansion plans.
The showroom, the latest step in establishing an exclusive retail network throughout the world’s most prestigious sports car markets, was marked by the launch of a breathtaking video of its debut model the MP4-12C.
The film - McLaren 12C finds ‘The Perfect Line’ at Yas Marina Circuit - was filmed on location in Abu Dhabi and is now available on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF6fHZncjYc.
McLaren Automotive’s CEO, Antony Sheriff, and chairman of Al Habtoor Motors Group, Sultan Al Habtoor attended the official opening.
Guests were given an exclusive preview of the film, which mixes stunning aerial footage with close-up action shots, all set within the beautiful urban and desert scenery of the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The visually dynamic short film also follows the company’s high-performance, luxury sports car, the MP4-12C, as it takes on the famous Formula 1 track at Yas Marina Circuit.
McLaren Abu Dhabi is located in the Sheikha Salameh building in Khalidiyah, near the Corniche and highlights the commitment to the brand by Al Habtoor Motors, which opened McLaren Dubai just six months ago.
McLaren Automotive’s first retail location in the region is located on the prestigious Emaar Boulevard next to the Burj Khalifa.
On the launch, Sheriff said: "It is an important stepping stone as we introduce McLaren throughout the region. The showroom will give customers in Abu Dhabi a clear indicator of McLaren’s attention to detail and focus on performance from the moment they step in through the glass doors."
"Al Habtoor Motors is important to McLaren; as a partner they reflect our high standards for quality and customer service," he stated.
Visitors to the showroom will have the opportunity to see the first ‘pure’ McLaren production road car, the award-winning MP4-12C.
The 12C draws upon the company’s longstanding F1 experience and features a number of unique technological highlights that make it the world’s fastest and also most efficient high performance sports car in its segment; a one-piece, moulded carbon chassis, a compact, lightweight and highly efficient 592bhp V8 twin turbo engine, and the innovative ‘Proactive Chassis Control’ suspension system that ensures ultimate track performance or great comfort on the road at the turn of a switch.
Customers will be able to get up close to the MP4/22 Formula 1 car, driven by Lewis Hamilton throughout the 2007 season and pivotal to Hamilton achieving six pole positions and five wins to become the most successful rookie in Formula 1 history.
“We are proud to bring the prestigious McLaren brand to Abu Dhabi. Car buyers in the emirate are among the most discerning and passionate in the world when it comes to luxury sport cars,” said Al Habtoor.
“Al Habtoor Motors has been in operation for over 40 years, so we are proud to be able to share this experience in our partnership with such a forward-thinking, technological brand as it establishes itself in the UAE,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service