UAE group sees vehicle sales up 57pc
Dubai, May 21, 2012
Al Tayer Motors, one of the UAE’s premier automotive dealerships, said it has notched up an impressive 57 per cent increase in overall vehicle sales in the first quarter compared to last year.
Announcing the results on Monday, Al Tayer Motors said the sales across the luxury brands represented by the company were up by an average of 40 per cent in the same period while sales of Ford vehicles were up by 60 per cent.
“We have enjoyed a very good start to 2012, which can be attributed to the strong line-up of vehicles across various categories, excellent after-sales support and value-added packages offered on our vehicles. This strong performance is in line with our projections for the period,” remarked Al Tayer Motors CEO Ashok Khanna.
Al Tayer Motors was established in 1982 and represents major European and American automobile manufacturers Ford, Lincoln, Ferrari, Maserati, Land Rover, Jaguar, Spyker and DAF Trucks across the UAE.
It has showrooms and service centres across the UAE and offers customers attractive trade-in deals at its pre-owned approved cars showrooms.
As part of its ongoing expansion, Al Tayer recently announced the commencement of work on a new facility in Sharjah, which is expected to be ready in the second half of 2013.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award