Ferrari Abu Dhabi opens new ride
Abu Dhabi, May 19, 2012
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the largest indoor and the first Ferrari branded theme park in the world, has launched a new family ride – Viaggio in Italia - as a tribute to the spirit of the classic Italian road rally.
Speaking at a special launch event, Andy Keeling, the park manager of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi said, “This is a unique family ride where each member gets immersed in the beauty of their surroundings from a truly exciting vantage point.”
Coinciding with the celebrations of the legendary Mille Miglia race in Italy starting on May 17, members of the UAE Ferrari Owners Club drove in convoy from Dubai to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi to inaugurate the ride and salute the thrill and glamour of the ride’s inspiration.
Visitors get strapped into seats inspired by the design of Ferrari GT seats for their aerial journey taking off from the famous Fiorano Circuit in Maranello, through picturesque Venice, the beautiful Tuscany countryside, flying over Isola Bella of Lago Maggiore, speeding on the Passo della Futa – where the Mille Miglia race still passes today, admiring the roofs of Florence, soaring over the water of Portofino, gliding over the eternal city of Rome, feeling the breeze of the Dolomite Mountains, smelling the fresh lemons of the Costa Amalfitana and finishing the journey in Capri. Lush images of mountains, villages, coastlines, cities and forests virtually transport visitors to Italy while special effects including mist, wind and the invigorating scents of flowers and plants bring the journey to life.
The Mille Miglia road race has been credited for creating Italy’s Grand Turismo sports car culture, as well as enduring fame for racing marques like Ferrari.
“If you close your eyes, breathe in the pine-scented air and feel the cool mist float over you can almost imagine you are driving through the Italian countryside – Viaggio in Italia is a ride that really brings the Ferrari sensation to life,” remarked Keeling, Park Manager of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
"Guests will be excited as they are air-lifted 14.5 metres into the air by simulator arms and suspended over a giant hemispherical domed screen, with highly advanced pivoting hydraulic technology used to swerve and dip seats for maximum thrills."
Viaggio in Italia is sure to become one of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi’s most popular attractions, with a capacity to seat 90 people per ride, said Keeling.
"Viaggio in Italia joins more than 20 Ferrari-inspired rides and attractions including signature attractions such as world’s fastest roller coaster, Formula Rossa, multisensory family rides such as Speed of Magic and Driving with the Champion, a priceless display of classic Ferraris at Galleria Ferrari, authentic Italian cafes and restaurants like Mamma Rosella and signature Ferrari boutiques.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers