Nissan ME appoints director of sales
Dubai, May 10, 2012
Nissan Middle East has announced the appointment of Samir Cherfan to the new role of director – Marketing & Sales for the region.
Cherfan joins Nissan Middle East with over 20 years of Renault-Nissan Alliance experience spanning engineering and commercial roles of increasing responsibility. He will operate out of the Nissan Middle East headquarters in Jebel Ali Free zone.
Cherfan, an engineering graduate, joined Renault in 1992 and progressed in the initial 11 years of his career with varied management positions in parts and vehicle engineering.
In 2010, Cherfan moved to the front line role of managing director - Renault Retail Group in Paris, the position from which he joins Nissan Middle East.
“Nissan in the Middle East commands an enviable reputation as one of the leading automotive brands in the region with a heritage few can aspire to. Our large model range has class-leading vehicles in almost every segment in the marketplace, with an appeal which ensures we are also one of the best-selling brands here,” said Cherfan.
"The automotive market is extremely competitive and my challenge is to build on our momentum and achieve further growth in the years ahead." – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha
- Land Cruiser sales up 15pc in GCC
- UAE new car sales set to top pre-crisis peak