Nissan ME appoints director of sales
Dubai, May 10, 2012
Nissan Middle East has announced the appointment of Samir Cherfan to the new role of director – Marketing & Sales for the region.
Cherfan joins Nissan Middle East with over 20 years of Renault-Nissan Alliance experience spanning engineering and commercial roles of increasing responsibility. He will operate out of the Nissan Middle East headquarters in Jebel Ali Free zone.
Cherfan, an engineering graduate, joined Renault in 1992 and progressed in the initial 11 years of his career with varied management positions in parts and vehicle engineering.
In 2010, Cherfan moved to the front line role of managing director - Renault Retail Group in Paris, the position from which he joins Nissan Middle East.
“Nissan in the Middle East commands an enviable reputation as one of the leading automotive brands in the region with a heritage few can aspire to. Our large model range has class-leading vehicles in almost every segment in the marketplace, with an appeal which ensures we are also one of the best-selling brands here,” said Cherfan.
"The automotive market is extremely competitive and my challenge is to build on our momentum and achieve further growth in the years ahead." – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer