Al-Futtaim unveils re-designed Aurion
Dubai, May 7, 2012
Al-Futtaim Motors, the exclusive distributors of Toyota in the UAE, has announced the arrival of the new, re-designed 2012 Aurion in the region.
The 2012 Aurion, like the rest of the Toyota sedan family, ushers a new ‘Era Concept’, combining both ‘Emotional’ and ‘Rational’ appeals, all inspired by the new demands of the customers, a statement from Al-Futtaim said.
Simon Frith, managing director, Al-Futtaim Motors, said: “The 2012 Aurion reiterates the efficacious involvement of the customer’s heart and brain when deciding to buy a new car. Toyota calls this the new ‘Era’. It is the era where Toyota customers’ emotional needs are satisfied, while their rational thinking is being supported by all what Toyota stands for in terms of quality, durability and reliability.”
“We at Al-Futtaim Motors are really excited about the new Aurion, and anticipate a great response among those who wish to own a large four door sedan that packs the power punch of a V6 engine,” he added. “With changes to the exterior and interior, the car’s prestigious image is even more emphasised, combined with high performance and durability.”
The Aurion 2012 comes in two grades: sports and grande. Fitted with a sport-tuned suspension, sport seats with enhanced support, a newly designed three spoke steering, F1 inspired paddle shifters, and an exclusive exterior design with front grille and sporty front and rear bumper spoilers, the Aurion Sports is aimed at the performance enthusiasts looking for excellent handling dynamics, the statement said.
The Aurion Grande, mostly popular among UAE nationals, is designed for those who want a safe, spacious, reliable, and luxurious sedan that transports them with their families and friends with style and unmatched comfort, it said.
It has 7-inch touch navigation & DVD Player, Bi-Xenon lights with intelligent AFS and headlamp cleaner, leather trim, and 8-way memory seats for the driver.
The new sedan features several changes to the exterior: the grille has been reworked into a thicker one with thin, long headlamps on either side emphasising this change and adding an impression of width, and an elevated hood adds thickness to the vehicle’s front.
The rear has also been redesigned, blending into the rear combination lamps for a greater emphasis on width, with the bumper corners protruding outwards, creating a wide stable feeling and a ground hugging stance.
The front and rear corners of the bumpers have been changed to an ‘aero-corner’ design flattening the car’s sides from front to rear in order to smooth the flow of air across the sides.
The cabin has been enlarged, with larger dimensions creating a more spacious interior.
Vehicle package has been modified to maximise occupant room and make the cabin feel more spacious and the dashboard has a horizontal T-shaped design.
The air-conditioning vents and audio controls come with chrome accent and other luxury features include audio switches on the steering wheel and a two seat position memory system.
The sedan is available with the choice of a 6-speed sequential automatic transmission, with a 3.5L engine and a maximum output of 268 HP, delivering top-class level fuel economy and a powerful driving experience.
A newly adopted Eco meter allows the driver to recognise while driving in a fuel efficient and economical manner. The Aurion has also been designed to significantly reduce road and wind noise, resulting in a quieter cabin experience.
Cutting-edge aerodynamic technology ensures that the sedan experiences straight line stability, while a newly adopted column mounted electric power steering mechanism allows optimum level of vehicle control.
Vehicle stability control (VSC) and traction control (TC) technologies have also been equipped to support vehicle stability, along with high intensity discharge headlamps (HID) for improved nighttime visibility.
It also has new utility features such as a parking assist system, which alerts the driver when approaching obstacles in blind spots, a new audio system with a 6.1-inch display for the Sport and a 7-inch display for the Grande, a USB/AUX terminal for external audio devices, advanced bluetooth communication compatibility, keyless entry, dual-zone air conditioning, and a back window power sunshade.
The 2012 Aurion comes in nine exterior colors, five of which are new: attitude black, gray, red, bronze and blue. The sedans are available across all Al-Futtaim Motors showroom at Dh115,000 ($31,313.8) for the Sports model and Dh125,000 ($34,036.7) for the Grande. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week