Jaguar sales up 20pc in Mena
Dubai, May 1, 2012
Luxury auto brand Jaguar Land Rover has posted a 20 per cent rise in sales of its Jaguar vehicles in Mena, making the region the brand’s fifth largest market globally.
Sales for its luxury SUV brand, Land Rover, in the Mena region were up 40 per cent on the previous year in what is the sixth largest market for Land Rover.
The popularity of its Land Rover’s Range Rover and Range Rover Sport nameplates continued to be a key growth driver, posting an increase of 21 per cent on its flagship Range Rover, and 16 per cent on the Range Rover Sport.
Notable market performers in the region included North Africa, where sales of the Land Rover LR2 more than doubled year on year, and Iraq, which experienced strong growth in its first full year of operation. The brand also posted healthy sales in Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Qatar.
The company also reported a78 per cent rise in sales of its flagship Jaguar XJ over the figures for last year, placing the Middle East as the fourth largest market for the XJ nameplate worldwide.
Sales of its luxury sports car, the Jaguar XK grew by 38 per cent year on year, while the Jaguar XF registered a six per cent increase year on year.
“Jaguar Land Rover’s decision to invest in design and technology has clearly paid off in recent years, with consistently strong global sales proving consumer demand remains high for what is our strongest ever line-up of vehicles,” said Robin Colgan, managing director of Jaguar Land Rover Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan.
“This is echoed in the Mena region, where we have posted a significant sales increase across all our nameplates, cementing this as a significant growth region for Jaguar Land Rover. With the introduction of segment-defining vehicles such as the Range Rover Evoque, and our current 12MY fleet, this trend looks set to continue and we look forward to a great year in 2012,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price