Bahrain F1 cancellation rumours denied
Manama, March 29, 2012
Motorsport's governing body Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) has denied having plans to cancel next month's Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.
FIA communications director Norman Howell dismissed rumours that the organisation was planning to issue a statement effectively calling off the event.
"There is no truth whatsoever to the rumours indicating the FIA will be issuing a statement regarding F1 not going to Bahrain," he told F1Today.net yesterday.
The website on Tuesday quoted sources saying the statement was being prepared.
The Grand Prix is being held on April 20, 21 and 22 at the Bahrain International Circuit. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- All-new E63 AMG launched in Kuwait
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- VW lists recommended retail prices in GCC
- Nissan to recall 841,000 vehicles
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style