Bahrain F1 cancellation rumours denied
Manama, March 29, 2012
Motorsport's governing body Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) has denied having plans to cancel next month's Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.
FIA communications director Norman Howell dismissed rumours that the organisation was planning to issue a statement effectively calling off the event.
"There is no truth whatsoever to the rumours indicating the FIA will be issuing a statement regarding F1 not going to Bahrain," he told F1Today.net yesterday.
The website on Tuesday quoted sources saying the statement was being prepared.
The Grand Prix is being held on April 20, 21 and 22 at the Bahrain International Circuit. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise