A-Map posts 60pc growth in 2011
Dubai, March 15, 2012
A-Map, the region’s leading distributor of automotive spare parts, batteries and tyres, recorded 60 per cent growth in 2011 compared to 2010, with plans to consolidate further in 2012.
“Having previously only focused on passenger cars, there has been a great demand for products within the commercial vehicle industry from clients locally,” said Asad Badami, managing director of A-Map.
“We’ve brought on board local clients like Bilal Transport, Al Faris and Swaidan Trading, and we saw Commercial Vehicles Middle East as a prime opportunity to create relationships with regional and international companies,” he added.
Last year saw A-Map expand its logistical operations considerably within the UAE, with a branch office opening in Jebel Ali Free Zone along with increased warehousing facilities for smoother distribution to regional customers.
In 2012, A-Map plans to increase its domestic distribution network with plans to open a distribution facility in Abu Dhabi, it said in a statement.
Sustained growth is expected throughout 2012 in both revenue and manpower, with the company aiming to increase its annual turnover to Dh1 billion ($272.4 million) by 2015.
A-Map is the exclusive distributor of the Solite brand of batteries, and officially launched the range to commercial vehicles at CVME, as the only battery exhibitor on site.
“We forged significant relationships with many great local and international companies as a direct result of our participation at CVME. We expect to be able to bring on board as many as 10 to 15 new customers following the exhibition and carve out a significant share of the commercial vehicle market,” concluded Badami. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer