All-new Lexus models launched in Bahrain
Manama, March 6, 2012
The all-new Lexus GS and LX570 were yesterday (March 5) launched in Bahrain by Ebrahim Khalil Kanoo, the exclusive dealer for Lexus and Toyota in the Kingdom.
Present at the company showroom, the event venue, were Toyota Motor Corporation executive adviser Akira Okabi, Ebrahim K Kanoo executive general manager of sales Ismail Akbar, senior management and other dignitaries.
The new Lexus GS features the new brand signature, bold, dynamic styling, precise handling and innovative technology, and represents the new face of Lexus.
The new GS is not just a new model, but it also marks a new era for the Lexus brand and all of its coming models and, represents the new dimension of luxury and advancement in the world of luxury cars, the company said.
Ayman Shehadeh, Toyota and Lexus brand manager at Ebrahim K Kanoo, said: “Today we are witnessing the Lexus brand taking a huge step forward. The new GS is not only a totally new model from Lexus; it symbolizes the new face of Lexus. It has everything you thought it didn’t have.
“We expect a huge success for the new GS, as it is available in 4 grades and 2 engines that suit all the desires and needs of Lexus lovers. The GS250 comes with a 2.5 L engine; the GS 350 which is equipped with a 3.5 L engine comes in 3 grades, basic, luxury and F Sport,” he added.
The new GS comes powered by highly responsive direct fuel injection 2.5 L and 3.5 L V6 engines which yield enormous 207 HP and 312 HP respectively, with the help of a super intelligent 6 speed automatic transmission and paddle shifters. Also, the driver can tune the car to drive on 4 modes from Eco to Sport +. So that when ECO drive mode is selected, engine power, throttle and air conditioning are controlled automatically to enable driving that prioritizes fuel economy. In Sport mode the shift timing is changed, helping to improve acceleration responsiveness, and on Sport S+ mode a more aggressive driving is enforced by improved handling stability and tougher suspension.
The new GS is also available with the F Sport grade that adopts an exclusive exterior and interior to express aggressive sportiness that gives the intense impression of exceptional dynamic performance including a 19 inch wheels.
Meanwhile, the flagship SUV in the Lexus lineup, the 2012 LX570 has seen its key components of luxury and driving performance revised and updated, setting a new standard in the premium SUV market.
Ismail Akbar said: “Since launched in 2007, the LX570 has seen a steady increase in sales in Bahrain due to the deep understanding of our customers’ needs. With the new LX, Lexus has advanced and refined this vehicle, making it a symbol of SUV’s through its dynamic stylings and unparalleled driving performance”
“Lexus LX570 is one of the most successful Lexus models we have, and it’s an all-time favourite by our clients and we expect for this new model to win everyone’s affection due to its superior design inside and outside the vehicle,” he added.
The 2012 LX 570 features changes to the exterior with a sense of presence and a distinct premium feel. L- Finesse styling is apparent throughout the new model, .
Not only is the LX570 interior spacious, it also ensures a unique, luxurious driving experience. Three types of wood ornamentation are available that adorn the central console, control panels and steering wheel which comes with paddle shift switches. Chrome plated ornamentation also portrays a high-grade image.
LX570 can be arranged in a variety of patterns to accommodate different numbers of passengers and luggage, a process made easier due to the one-touch tumble mechanism to fold down the 2nd row seats.
The 2012 LX570 is available with a 6-speed automatic 5.7L V8 engine, with a maximum output of 362hp. Driving reliability and drivability have also been enhanced in the development of the new model. The new MTS (Multi-Terrain Select) feature optimally distributes drive force to the four wheels based on five different road surface conditions. This is achieved by controlling the A-TRC (Active Traction Control), which applies breaking force to a slipped wheel and implements control so that drive torque can be transmitted to the road surface. The LX570 also comes with crawl control and the newly adopted Turn Assist system, which is the world first technology.
The LX570 is equipped with an array of features that support a comfortable driving experience. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week