Al Tayer celebrates 10 years with Ford
Dubai, January 31, 2012
Al Tayer Motors, one of the UAE’s premier automobile dealerships and local importer-dealer of Ford and Lincoln, celebrated the 10th anniversary of its association with Ford Motor Company recently.
The event which was organised at Meydan Hotel, Ford Middle East presented a commemorative plaque to senior Al Tayer Motors officials in recognition of the milestone.
Saeed Al Tayer, managing director, Al Tayer Motors, said: “The signing of the agreement marked the beginning of a significant new chapter in the history of Al Tayer Motors. The entry of Ford into the stable of brands represented by us meant we were able to add a wide range of superb value quality vehicles to our product offering.”
Ashok Khanna, CEO, Al Tayer Motors, said: “Average sales of Ford and Lincoln vehicles in the UAE in 2011 were up by 35 percent over the previous year. Best performing models include Figo, Fusion, Fiesta, Taurus, Escape, Expedition, Edge, Explorer and the F Series trucks.”
Lincoln MKX and MKT crossovers were among the best performers for the luxury brand, he said.
Sales of Ford and Lincoln vehicles in the UAE accounted for 13 percent of Ford’s GCC vehicle sales last year. The UAE is Ford’s second largest market in the region.
In 2011, Al Tayer Motors refurbished its Garhoud showroom, set up a new service centre at Al Khabesi in Dubai and opened a new showroom in Ras Al Khaimah, followed by the inauguration of a brand new showroom in Fujairah. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi