Al Tayer celebrates 10 years with Ford
Dubai, January 31, 2012
Al Tayer Motors, one of the UAE’s premier automobile dealerships and local importer-dealer of Ford and Lincoln, celebrated the 10th anniversary of its association with Ford Motor Company recently.
The event which was organised at Meydan Hotel, Ford Middle East presented a commemorative plaque to senior Al Tayer Motors officials in recognition of the milestone.
Saeed Al Tayer, managing director, Al Tayer Motors, said: “The signing of the agreement marked the beginning of a significant new chapter in the history of Al Tayer Motors. The entry of Ford into the stable of brands represented by us meant we were able to add a wide range of superb value quality vehicles to our product offering.”
Ashok Khanna, CEO, Al Tayer Motors, said: “Average sales of Ford and Lincoln vehicles in the UAE in 2011 were up by 35 percent over the previous year. Best performing models include Figo, Fusion, Fiesta, Taurus, Escape, Expedition, Edge, Explorer and the F Series trucks.”
Lincoln MKX and MKT crossovers were among the best performers for the luxury brand, he said.
Sales of Ford and Lincoln vehicles in the UAE accounted for 13 percent of Ford’s GCC vehicle sales last year. The UAE is Ford’s second largest market in the region.
In 2011, Al Tayer Motors refurbished its Garhoud showroom, set up a new service centre at Al Khabesi in Dubai and opened a new showroom in Ras Al Khaimah, followed by the inauguration of a brand new showroom in Fujairah. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC
- 40 GM technicians battle for top honours