Mercedes-Benz racing car at Qatar show
Doha, January 29, 2012
The racing Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3, which has recently won the Dunlop Dubai 24 H Race, is on display at the Qatar International Motor Show 2012 in Dubai.
The exhibition is taking place at the Doha International Exhibition Centre from January 26 to 28.
The know-how that has allowed the Mercedes-Benz team to celebrate years of success during the German Touring Car Championship (DTM) is now available for aspiring private teams and drivers for the very first time in the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3.
The unique positioning of the GT3 sport’s seat bucket in a safety cell made of extremely strong carbon is just one example of many the car’s many features, a statement said.
The racing gullwing is being showcased at the pavilion of Nasser Bin Khaled Automobiles, the exclusive dealers of Mercedes-Benz in Qatar.
Khaled Shaa’ban, general manager of NBK Automobiles said:'In 2011, the SLS AMG GT3 has appeared in numerous national and international race series. With the SLS AMG GT3, AMG is once again demonstrating its enormous experience based on more than 40 years of motorsport, and its great expertise in the development of unique high-performance cars.”
“We’re very happy to have the opportunity to showcase such marvelous machines in Doha as we’re confident it’ll be one of the major attractions during this year’s edition of the Qatar International Motor Show.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise