Renault rolls out civilian 'Sherpa' trucks
Dubai, January 28, 2012
Renault Trucks said it is launching the civilian version of Sherpa Scout military vehicle in the Middle East, as it looks to address the needs of customers beyond defence sector, including leisure and commercial buyers.
The French manufacturer said the versatile full time 4x4 vehicle can be adapted to multiple applications, and will be available in three models in 2012.
These are Sherpa Scout for leisure buyers, the Sherpa Carrier pick-up truck for commercial use, and the fully armored Sherpa Station Wagon used for transport purposes in high risk countries.
Renault began testing the first prototype Military Sherpa Truck in 2006 for more than two years in the toughest desert conditions of the Empty Quarter,
Renault will be showcasing the models for the first time at Commercial Vehicles Middle East to be held from March 6 to 8 in Dubai.
Marco Bonaveglio, head of Marketing at Renault Trucks Middle East, said the Sherpa Scout’s off-road capabilities make it unmatched as an all-wheel drive multi-terrain vehicle.
“Initially offered as a military vehicle, the Sherpa Scout is now available for civilian and industrial applications,” said Bonaveglio.
"With a ground clearance of 600mm, an approach angle of 40 degrees, and a centralised tire inflation system, the Sherpa Scout is capable of tackling the harshest and most difficult to access off-road terrain in the Middle East," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers