GM sees Mideast sales surge 10pc
Manama, January 18, 2012
After posting the best sales month of the year in December, General Motors (GM) dealers in the Middle East said they had sold a total of 139,431 vehicles for 2011, up 13 per cent compared with 2010.
The impressive performance was the result of robust sales throughout the region for the company's line-up of passenger cars, crossovers, sport utility vehicles (SUVs) and pickups across the Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac brands, GM said.
In 2011, sales of GM's passenger cars increased by 8 per cent, crossovers grew 23 per cent in sales and SUVs were up 21 per cent while GM's pickups registered a 14 per cent rise.
Newly launched vehicles contributed to GM's sales growth. Combined sales of the Chevrolet Captiva, Camaro, Cruze and Traverse, GMC Terrain, Cadillac SRX and CTS Coupe increased by 23 per cent.
Sales of GM Middle East's three brands all recorded strong growth in the region.
Chevrolet sales were up 16 per cent and GMC posted a 10 per cent gain, while Cadillac registered 8 per cent growth.
Retail sales, those to individual customers, increased by 44 per cent in 2011 compared with the previous year. Retail sales represented a healthy 71 per cent of total sales in 2011 compared with 56 per cent in 2010.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer