Machdar launches i1 Supercar Series
Abu Dhabi, December 20, 2011
Machdar Motorsports has officially launched the i1 Supercar Series at Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi by unveiling an impressive list of drivers who will participate in the event.
The international drivers will include 1997 F1 champion Jacques Villeneuve, 2011 F1 drivers Vitantonio Liuzzi and Karun Chandhok, and former F1 race winners Giancarlo Fisichella, Heinz-Harald Frentzen and Jean Alesi.
The list of Indian drivers includes Armaan Ebrahim, Aditya Patel and Parthiva Sureswaren, a statement from the company said.
M Darshan, CEO of i1 Super Series also announced the FIA approved calendar for the series with the first race to be held in Sepang, Malaysia on January 22, 2012.
“As promised we have a fantastic line-up of proven international race winners mixed with young Indian drivers. The drivers had their experience of the Radical SR3 today at the Yas Marina Circuit and we will work closely with them to make the car even better,” Darshan said.
There will be a driver pool of 27 drivers with 18 drivers being chosen for each race weekend, and the drivers for each race weekend will be chosen by the teams themselves, the statement said.
The i1 Supercar Series announced the women line-up on the grid with Indycar driver Pippa Mann and Cyndie. Other drivers confirmed for the series include former F1 drivers Sakon Yamamoto, Alex Yoong, Red Bull demo driver Neel Jani and former Ferrari and Sauber driver Mika Salo, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service