Jaguar Land Rover bags two awards
Sharjah, November 27, 2011
Luxury automotive manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover Menap has won two auto awards at the Middle East Motor Awards (Mema), held recently held at Expo Centre Sharjah.
The Mema for the ‘Best Luxury SUV’ was awarded to Range Rover for the second year in a row, and Jaguar scooped the award for the XJ in the ‘Best Luxury Car’ category, a statement from the company said.
Mohammad Ben Sulayem, the official patron of the Mema’s, presented the award to Jean Atik, the marketing manager of Land Rover Menap.
“This award demonstrates our brand appreciation across the region and our efforts in building the ultimate vehicle that combines the ultimate in off-road capability with unparalleled luxury,” he said.
The Range Rover’s 5.0-litre, 510bhp supercharged and 375bhp naturally aspirated LR-V8s deliver supreme performance and economy.
Equipped with the latest direct fuel injection systems, these lightweight engines combine benchmark efficiency with outstanding levels of power and torque delivered from low down the rev range, the statement said.
Justin Weaving, sales director, Jaguar Menap, said: “This award for our flagship Jaguar XJ proves our commitment not only to design, innovation, and performance, but also to the region, where the vehicle has received widespread appreciation and prestigious awards. The redesigned Jaguar XJ has already won over 20 international awards and generated rave reviews.”
The XJ benefits from the most advanced, powerful and efficient Jaguar power trains ever. Powered by the 5.0-litre naturally aspirated V8 and 5.0-litre supercharged V8, the Jaguar XJ comprises of 470 and 510 horsepower versions of the supercharged engine, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show