Chevrolet Malibu ‘Car of the Year’
Dubai, November 20, 2011
The new Chevrolet Malibu has been awarded “2012 Car of the Year” by Sport Auto magazine, the company said.
The award was presented to John Stadwick, president and managing director of General Motors Middle East operations, and Bryan Nesbitt, vice president of design at General Motors International operations, at the 2011 Dubai International Motor Show, where the car made its market debut.
“Here in the Middle East, the Malibu has gone from strength-to-strength with year-to-date sales up by 25 percent and we are confident that the new Malibu will be even more popular when it is launched next year,” said Stadwick.
Bryan Nesbitt, who played a key role in the development of the new Malibu, said: “It is an elegant sedan with a premium feel that offers customers exceptional value. With the new Malibu our objective was simple. Take a great car, and make it better.”
The new Malibu is engineered to be best-in-class and on par with more expensive sports sedans. Benefiting from continuous refinement of an award-winning global architecture, engineers have tested, tuned and calibrated the Malibu on rural roads, highways, and GM validation facilities around the world, a statement from the company said.
The interior of the car was designed to bring an element of sophistication to everyday driving, featuring an all-new dual cockpit design that creates an inviting, roomy and comfortable environment.
It also offers a full range of the latest entertainment options, including new color radio systems and an available navigation system, the statement said.
Gerard Saunal, editor-in-chief of Sport Auto, said: “The new Malibu looks sporty and aggressive, delivers precise ride and handling, and the interior is comfortable, feels premium, and is full of practical features a person would look for in a car.”
The new Malibu will come in LS, LT and LTZ trim levels when it goes on sale in the Middle East next year, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners