Ford brands win big at Sharjah awards
Dubai, November 15, 2011
The leading Ford brands Mustang and F-150 recently won the ‘Best Sports Car’ and ‘Best Truck’ titles at the 2011 Middle East Motor Awards (MEMA) held in Sharjah.
The Mema, an initiative by Expo Centre Sharjah, with support from the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce & Industry, acknowledges leaders of the automotive industry and celebrates emerging industry technologies.
Running for the second consecutive year, the awards were judged by an extensive panel comprising distinguished and expert automotive journalists from around the region.
“We are pleased to receive the Middle East Motor Awards for both the Mustang and F-150, and would like to thank the organizers as well as the panel of judges for recognising two of our most dynamic vehicles,” said Paul Anderson, director of Marketing at Ford Middle East.
“Both the legendary Ford Mustang and high-performing Ford F-150 have been appreciated by motoring enthusiasts and customers across the world and our region for their dynamic looks, class leading technologies, choice of powertrains, affordable prices and great fuel economy.”
For 2011, Ford Mustang saw the introduction of two new engines, including the entry level 305HP 3.7L V6 and the super performing 412HP 5.0L V8.
The model also saw major improvements in transmission, handling, driving dynamics, and fuel economy, all of which contributed to an awesome sports car that built on its 47-year heritage as the legendary muscle car.
The Ford F-150, the most fuel-efficient and capable full-size pickup in the market, is getting fine-tuned for 2012, with a new FX appearance package and several driveline updates and new technologies to further improve and refine the driving experience.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show