Al Majid launches all-new KIA Rio
Dubai, November 14, 2011
Al Majid Motors, the exclusive UAE distributor of KIA Motors launched the all-new version of the automobile company’s compact B-segment sedan, Rio, at the Dubai International Motor Show
The event was attended by B T Yea, executive vice president of KIA Motors headquarters in Korea, M K Kim, president, Mena region, and Mohammed Khader, President of Al Majid Motors, along with executives from both organizations, a statement from the company said.
KIA Motors posted a remarkable 22 percent sales growth during the first ten months of 2011 in the UAE market and sees great interest in the latest models of KIA including Sportage, Optima, Cadenza, Cerato, the new compact Picanto, and MPV Soul.
The vehicles are designed by world-famous Auto designer, Peter Schreyer, the statement said.
The Cerato, Sportage and Optima have won various awards, the latest being Mena 2011 Best Midsize Sedan for KIA Optima and Best Compact SUV KIA Sportage.
The KIA Rio subcompact five-door Hatchback version made its debut in the UAE in September and will go on sale with its four-door sedan version this month, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award