Al Majid launches all-new KIA Rio
Dubai, November 14, 2011
Al Majid Motors, the exclusive UAE distributor of KIA Motors launched the all-new version of the automobile company’s compact B-segment sedan, Rio, at the Dubai International Motor Show
The event was attended by B T Yea, executive vice president of KIA Motors headquarters in Korea, M K Kim, president, Mena region, and Mohammed Khader, President of Al Majid Motors, along with executives from both organizations, a statement from the company said.
KIA Motors posted a remarkable 22 percent sales growth during the first ten months of 2011 in the UAE market and sees great interest in the latest models of KIA including Sportage, Optima, Cadenza, Cerato, the new compact Picanto, and MPV Soul.
The vehicles are designed by world-famous Auto designer, Peter Schreyer, the statement said.
The Cerato, Sportage and Optima have won various awards, the latest being Mena 2011 Best Midsize Sedan for KIA Optima and Best Compact SUV KIA Sportage.
The KIA Rio subcompact five-door Hatchback version made its debut in the UAE in September and will go on sale with its four-door sedan version this month, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers