Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix action begins
Abu Dhabi, November 11, 2011
The Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on-track action commenced this morning, even as organisers announced the 2011 race weekend had sold out.
The announcement marks a sell-out event for the third consecutive year, since the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix debuted on the Formula 1 Championship calendar in 2009.
The main race of the Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix at the Yas Marina Circuit will be on November 13.
“We take a genuine sense of pride in the fact that 50,000 fans will pack out our grandstands again this year,” said Richard Cregan, chief executive officer of Yas Marina Circuit. “We believe it is a reflection of the very special event that the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina Circuit has become.”
“This year is set to be another fantastic event, and we want to thank all of the fans for their continued support.”
In addition to the Formula 1 racing over the three-day event, motorsports fans will see three support races including the 2011 GP2 Final, the Porsche Mobil 1 Super Cup and the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Middle East. Between the races, the Oasis Areas will provide an array of entertainment, from games and karting for the children, to pampering for the ladies.
This year, ticket holders will also have the exclusive opportunity to purchase tickets to the 2012 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, at this year’s prices; a first for the circuit.
Cregan continued: “We are excited to be able to offer this opportunity to our F1 fans; there are many people who are attending the race for the third year in a row and we feel that this is a great way to give back to them.”
People without tickets will be able take advantage of the free activities and live broadcast of the race on the Abu Dhabi Corniche.
Yas Marina Circuit is one of the most technologically advanced motor racing facilities ever developed. Located on Yas Island, the circuit debuted on October 30, 2009 with the final race of the FIA Formula One World Championship - the inaugural Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to a capacity crowd of around 50,000. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer