Jaguar Land Rover sees UAE sales rise
Dubai, November 5, 2011
Luxury automotive manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover has reported strong year to date sales during the January to October period in the UAE spearheaded by Land Rover LR4 and Jaguar XJ.
Al Tayer Motors, Jaguar Land Rover’s exclusive importer-dealer in the UAE, said it has seen more than 20 percent aggregate sales increase for Jaguar and 11 per cent for Land Rover from the same period last year lead by Land Rover LR4 (57 per cent sales increase) and Jaguar XJ (89 per cent growth).
The news comes ahead of the Dubai International Motorshow to be held from November 10 to 14, it added.
Regionally, the British marque has also announced plans to increase its network of sales and service outlets across the Mena and Pakistan (Menap) region by 33 per cent in the next 24 months.
Menap ranks as Jaguar Land Rover’s 5th largest market in terms of retail volumes globally. The company recently expanded into Azerbaijan and increased its presence in Iraq by introducing the Jaguar brand.
“We have continued to experience strong sales in this region. Next year we anticipate further growth with our strongest and most comprehensive line-up yet including the long anticipated Range Rover Evoque and Jaguar XKR-S,” remarked Robin Colgan, managing director of Jaguar Land Rover Menap.
Ashok Khanna, CEO of Al Tayer Motors said: 'Al Tayer Land Rover showroom on Sheikh Zayed Road was the facility with the highest sales for the Range Rover brand worldwide in 2010, a feat achieved for the fourth time in the past five years.'
'This year we continued to enjoy healthy sales for Land Rover as well as Jaguar. Land Rover sales have grown by nearly 11 per cent and Jaguar by more than 20 per cent from January to October 2011 over the same period in 2010.'
'The LR4 was the flag-bearer for Land Rover with a sales growth of nearly 57 per cent, and the XJ continues to be a runaway success for the leaping cat with a sales growth of 89 per cent in this period,' he added.
According to him, the Range Rover Evoque has already attracted over 32,000 advance orders worldwide, 90 per cent of the customers being new to the Range Rover brand.
Jaguar Land Rover will showcase its most exciting line-up ever at the Dubai show. Highlights will include the Middle Eastern reveal of the Land Rover DC-100 concept and the spectacular Jaguar C-X75 concept.
The two concept vehicles will be showcased alongside the latest 12MY line-up of vehicles for Jaguar, Land Rover and Range Rover including: the Jaguar XF, XKR-S and XJ, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, LR4, LR2 and the Range Rover Evoque, the newest addition to the JLR family.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners