New Chevrolet Sonic makes UAE debut
Sharjah, November 1, 2011
Liberty Automobiles Company, a GM dealer based in Sharjah, has unveiled the all-new Chevrolet Sonic, a compact, sporty car which boasts of more power and exceptional fuel efficiency.
A smart entrant in the small car segment which is growing rapidly in the Middle East, Sonic comes in two versions: the five-door hatchback and the four-door sedan in a range of attractive colours.
John Stadwick, president and managing director, general motors ME and Duncan Peat, managing director of Liberty Automobiles Company unveiled the all-new Sonic in the presence of Sheikh Khalid Bin Abdul Aziz Al Qasimi, chairman of Liberty Investment Company.
Sheikh Khalid Bin Abdul Aziz Al Qasimi said: “As a long-standing dealer of General Motors, Liberty Automobiles is delighted to present to our customers the all-new Sonic that is set to be a ‘game changer’ in the small car segment."
"The Sonic clearly demonstrates Chevrolet’s innovative spirit in creating a compact, sporty and youthful car to address new trends in the market," he remarked.
The event also saw the launch of the new hatchback version of the popular Chevrolet Cruze. In addition, the 45th Anniversary edition of the Chevrolet Camaro was also showcased to the delight of the guests.
“The launch comes at a time when preference for small cars is growing, especially among young people,” said Peat.
“This is a small car with best-in-class features and great value additions. It is creating a tremendous buzz among consumers and we are confident of enhancing the ownership experience through Liberty’s superior service standards,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service